Hand Sewing Knots

       Today is my first blog post with a video!  A little nervous because this is my first video.  I mean, I have made one or two before with my sister years ago.  It was just for fun playing with my new webcam that puts silly masks on your face.  :)

       Anyway todays post is about three ways to make knots for hand sewing.  The first one is an Embroidery Knot (which makes a small knot on the back of the fabric).  I like this one for embroidery and sometimes for other things like buttons.  The second and third knots are both Tailors Knots (or Weavers Knots), but done in different ways

Here is the video and I also made an accompanying pdf:  Hand Sewing: Knots.


Preview of Instructional Hand Sewing Knots pdf

~Jam

P.S.
I made more stockings, but I was late getting them out so I only have a picture of the one I made for my husband. 
His favorite character from Star Wars is Boba Fett.
      
And the painting is definitely going to take longer than anticipated.  Here is my progress so far.

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment